PROTECTORS OF THE SKY
The RAF-C pays homage to the RAF at 100 years. Housed in a precision billet machined 316L stainless steel body with eight polished vertically cut ball-nose flutes and match machined ZW DSL lugs, the blue dial features a striking representation of the invasion stripes displayed on the underwing and empennage of British aircraft during various campaigns.
Recorded on the dial is the location and date of the first RAF Photo Reconnaissance (PR) squadron. The WW2 PR squadrons played an innovative and vitally important role in reconnoitering and photographing strategic positions ensuring that Britain stayed informed. Their skilled pilots flew long and dangerous missions deep into enemy territory in fast, unarmed high-altitude blue liveried aircraft. The dial is complimented by our simple SuperLuminova X1 aviation hour and minute hands and red tipped sweep.
RAF-C is powered by the beautiful ETA 2824 automatic movement ensuring it keeps perfect time. The radial brushed, pierced and engraved exhibition back and distinctive locking crown depict the form and elements of the iconic Supermarine Spitfire. The watch is fitted with A/R coated front and rear crystals and a ZW handmade RAF blue Horween Chromexcel strap with engraved, brushed and polished stainless steel ARD buckle.
- 44mm diameter, 316L brushed stainless steel billet, with eight polished vertically cut ball-nose flutes
- Match machined, polished & brushed 316L stainless steel DSL lugs
- Polished & brushed 316L stainless steel back with complex engraving and exhibition sapphire crystal window
- Matt silver finished screw crown, modelled on the joystick gun platform fire button. 316L stainless steel with triple seal technology
- Custom double curved domed sapphire glass with blue AR coating on the internal surface
- ETA 2824
- 25 jewels
- Self-winding ball bearing rotor
- Date function
- Power reserve ~38 hours
- Water resistance: 10ATM (100m) 100% tested
- Blue enamel over brass substrate with over printed RAF invasion stripes and aviation indicators highlighted in SuperLuminova X1 luminous pigment.
- White avionic style hands coated in SuperLuminova X1 luminous pigment.
- Vintage red tipped sweep hand with inset SuperLuminova X1 luminous pigment triangle
- 44mm diameter
- 14.1mm thick
- 22mm lug width
- 49.6mm lug to lug pin spacing
- 22/22mm Custom handmade leather strap
- Single wide sliding keeper loop
- Brushed polished 316L stainless steel buckle with engraved ZW logo
- 180mm – 220mm wrist circumference